Monday, March 9, 2009

Review: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish And Blackhead Control

(image curtosy of www.drugstore.com)
After a few weeks of HATING my skin, I decided to jump on the apricot scrub bandwagon.
I tried this stuff back in middle school and could not stand it. It felt horrible on my skin. Ever since, I decided I would never waste my money on this stuff again.
Winter took a huge toll on my skin. I moved right before the start of winter from sunny, hot, humid Florida to freezing, snowy, dry Tennessee. Talk about skin on the fritz. And lately, my chin and jaw line have been freaking out in pimples and whiteheads! Im telling you I cant catch a break.
My Aunt's wedding was last week so I needed to find something to help my skin. Plus, ive been on the hunt for a new exfoliator. Cue on St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead control.
Packaging:
Love it. Upside dowen squeeze tube. Sturdy. Big base do it doesnt fall over. Sanitary since it isnt in a tub. A+
Texture:
Looks like grainy mustard. May be slightly too abrasive for people with sensitive skin. The scrubbing particles are slightly rough. Does not lather up. (at least not noticeably).
Smell:
Very light and faint. Those with sensitive noses would approve.
Performance:
This scrub did help my chin breakout. I used it on Monday last week. Then again on wednesday before leaving for the wedding. The breakouts on my chin started to clear up, as well as the whiteheads. I didnt feel this product was drying at all. Although I always follow up cleansing/exfoliating with a moisturizer. The scrub also helped slough off the dry skin I tend to have on my cheeks and around my nose. Made my skin looked more even overall and much brighter.
Honestly, for under 5 bucks, this scrub is excellent. It can be found nearly everywhere. I have seen it aty walgreens, CVS, my local grocery store, walmart, target, etc. I will definitely continue to use it this product 1-2 times a week.
Have you entered my contest? Check it out here. And you can find more details here if you are unclear on the requirements.
Til next time!

4 comments:

Carlinn said...

I really want to try it! Someone on youtube also said they used it and loved it.

Katherine said...

Oh I love this stuff. I use it maybe once a week or less because it's so rough, but man, after using it my face is baby-butt soft!

Posey said...

superficial:
Check it out. Its cheap enough that if you dont care for it, its not a huge waste of money!

Katherine:
I know it! My skin is so soft after using it. And not as dull!

♥ Nehs ♥ said...

love this stuff. I using it once every other day. :)