Friday, March 20, 2009

MAC Grand Duo Collection Review

Moon River


Earth to Earth


Love Rock


When i first heard about this collection i was super excited! I LOVEEEE blushes and face products. Way more than eye stuff. Granted i love eyeshadows and doing eye makeup, i uch more prefer "painting" my face!

I wanted to order all of them, but they were $22.50/each. Yeah, right. I decided to only order the ones i really loves and would use often.

Packaging:
Typical MAC packaging. No special LE stuff here. Half is a solid mineralized color, half is a marbled mineralized side with vein-ing of other colors to compliment the solid "blush" side. Gorgeous to look at.

Texture/Payoff:
Amazing. The pigmentation of these are great. Definitely why MAC promoted to duo fiber 188. They are super smooth and blend beautifully.

Shimmer/Sheen:
YESSSS it is there. No it is not a chunky shimmer. There is no glitter in these. It is a very strong pearlescent sheen. Absolutely stunning!

Overall, i dont have much to say about these. My favorite is Earth to Earth. Will be a summer staple for sure. Love Rock is next! Awesome purple/pink. Moon River is my least favorite, although i still love it. It is just very light, so i feel it will look best layered over a darker cream base. If you love shimmering, pigmented, fun cheek stuff, you should get these.

I absolutely love everyone i got!


Til next time

5 comments:

Cris said...

I like Moon River the most :). Not sure whether I'll get it though.
Thanks for the review :D!

Zoella. said...

I have love rock and i loove it. Couldn't shell out for the others :( I swear these seem smaller than normal blushers..i dont think they are..it's just because its sat with my MSF'S and looks teeny haha I kindof wish they were MSF size though. Great review Posey! xx

Lydia said...

Wow these are so gorgeous!

Ms M said...

This are so cute! i like that theyre shimmery but not glittery; glitter is a bitch to get off ;)

cool blog

xoxo

♥ Nehs ♥ said...

thanks for the review posey! the 3rd one looks so pretty!!