Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Please check it out as I will be trying to put a review up once a week!
Posey's Book Reviews
Thanks so much!
Look out for my Clarisonic Review coming soon!
Til next time!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
I just wanted to drop by and tell you all about thrift/consignmet shops. We all always need new clothes, especially when seasons change, but not all of us have the spare money lying around to buy them (especially when we are spending our hard earned cash on MAKEUP!)
One thing i have been doing for years is bringing my clothes to consignment shops. Thift stores typically take donations, and do not give you money/buy the clothes from you. Consignment shops on the other hand do.
Some consignment shops will give you money upfront for the clothes, and others will give you a percentage for what your items sell for once they sell.
I really prefer the upfront because there is no waiting on your money.
Definitely go and check out some consignment shops in your area. Some are very picky about what they take, and others aren't. Ask how much per item they pay, when you get paid, etc.
For instance, yesterday I brought about 16 items with me, they bought 12 of them and I got paid about $35. My sister-in-law got 24 of her items bought, and she got $64.
You never know how much money is lying/hanging aroung in your closet, so go through your wardrobe for items that no longer fit/you wont wear and go get some money for them!
Any of you use consignment shops to sell your clothes?
Tell me about it in the comments!
Til next time(which hopefully wont be too long)!
Friday, September 4, 2009
This anti-oxidant right night cream works overnight to nourish and revitalize skin. It absorbs deeply to strengthen skin and diminish the appearance of wrinkles, while helping to restore vitality to damaged skin cells and accelerate new cell production.
Soybean and Vitamin A promote skin balance and even out skin tone. Natural Plant Extracts combat free radical damage, and Algae extracts increase skin hydration levels.
Lavender oil relaxes and soothes, allowing your skin to de-stress for the night."
Friday, August 21, 2009
First and foremost, I want to thank all of my followers who have been around since the beginning and all of my newer followers. I have always done this blog for you!
Second, at times, our real lives get in the way of our blog lives! I have always strived to regularly post on this blog, and did for quite some time! But, sometimes, I cannot keep that end of the deal.
Just to give you all some insight, I have always worked a desk job. In the AM I work at a desk job, and in the afternoons I was working at a job where I could be on my laptop and what not, so blogging was super easy. Now, I still work a desk job in the AM, but I now have a second job at a grocery store. So, as you can see, I cannot simply blog while ringing customers through the check lane! Lol. I am also working 50 hours a week at a minimum at all hours of the day/night. So when I DO get some time off, its usually spent eating, sleeping, cleaning or spending time with my boyfriend. Things I don't have time to do as much anymore.
I do adore blogging, and do read everyone's blogs still in the morning, but I dont always have time to comment, or to make a new post on my blog as much as I would love to!
BUT I'm not going away forever! If I try a product that is absolutely amazing, and I think you all need to know about it, I WILL do a review for you all. If I do an awesome look and have time to snap some shots of it, I will definitely make a tutorial for you all!
So, I may not be blogging as much, but I'm still here. I just dont want to make promises to post this and that, and than not do it! Id rather not make promises I cant keep!
So, I'm not saying goodbye, I'm saying Ill see you around, because I will!
Love to all!
Til next time!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
(Image souce: www.prometheuscosmetics.com)
$18.00 for 1.7 oz. Can be purchased directly from Prometheus Cosmetics website.
This product contains grapefruit and sweet orange peel oil, so it does has a citrus-y orange scent. It is very apparent. I applied it this morning about 30 minutes ago, and I can still smell it. BUT I do not have makeup on. Once makeup is applied, I no longer can smell it. If you have a sensitive nose, or do not prefer citrus scents, you may not like this.
This moisturizer is slightly thinner than others I have tried, but not runny. The directions say to massage it into the skin. After it absorbs into my skin, my faces texture changes dramatically. On top of feeling super soft, my skin is INSTANTLY brighter. If you suffer from dull skin, this may help you!
Overall, I am very impressed with all of the products I have tried from Prometheus Cosmetics. There isnt much more I can say. This moisturizer would be great for people with normal-oily skin as it is super light. For people with dryer skin, they may need to use slightly more. It softens and dramatically brightens the skin which is something I adore in this product since I suffer from dull skin.
Keep an eye out for more reviews on products from Prometheus Cosmetics in the next few days!
Til next time!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
- Dr. Franken Polish This blog shows you how to create your own nail polishes by "frankening" colors together to make your own unique color. Not only does she show you her creations, but she tells you the exact measurements so you can franken the polishes yourself!
- Vampy Varnish Nail blog for us short nailed girls! Over at Vampy Varnish, she shows you beautiful swatches of polish collections from numerous brands, with spot on swatches and shows how they look on shorter nails!
- Scrangie I adore Scrangie's blog. She has GORGEOUS nails and nail beds! She as well shows amazing swatches and BEAUTIFUL bottle pictures!
- The Nailphile Siobhan over at the Nailphile has some of the most gorgeous long nails I have ever seen! I am so jealous! As well as showing lovely swatches, she also is a lover of Konad and details all of the plates and colors she uses to create her Konadicures (Konad manicure)!
Are there any other nail blogs you all visit? Tell me about them in the comments! I'm always on the hunt for more nail blogs to check out!
Til next time!
Monday, August 3, 2009
We all know how difficult it is to find the best tool to apply our liquid foundations. The Beauty Blender has been known as THE sponge to use for liquid foundation, but at $19.99 a sponge, there was no way I could even fathom spending that much on a SPONGE! Cue in Sonia Kashuk's Blending sponge.
At $9.99 it is half of the Beauty Blender. Can be bought at Target stores. Pricey for a sponge, but it is re-usable as opposed to disposable.
When the sponge is dry, it is smaller than the palm of my hand. Its (dry) texture is that of a stiff sponge. Once wet, it swells up the taller than my palm, and its texture is that of a soft, pliable sponge.
How to use:
To start, run under almost warm water. Squeeze the sponge to allow it to absorb water, ring out, and squeeze in towel to remove excess water. Sponge should not be wet, but now slightly damp. To apply foundation: either blend it over the skin like a typical sponge applicator, OR stipple it on the skin by bouncing the sponge over the face.
How to Clean:
Dampen sponge by running under water and squeezing the ball to allow it to absorb the water. Apply some cleaner (I use baby shampoo) and massage throughout the ball GENTLY. Massaging/rubbing/cleaning the sponge to roughly will cause you to rip it. Rinse sponge (like you would a normal kitchen sponge) This takes quite a bit of rinsing, then dry by squeezing out excess water in towel and allow to air dry.
I absolutely adore the finish this sponge gives when I use it with MAC Studio Fix Fluid. SFF tends to look cakey and mask like if not super blended, and with the sponge, I don't have to kill my arm to do so. It gives a super natural finish to my typically super matte foundation. It blends the foundation into my skin so effortlessly, and looks almost airbrushed. I prefer to stipple or bounce it on my skin as opposed to wiping/blending it over the skin. What I love the most is the pointed tip. It allows me to easily blend around my nose, and eyes. I can also use this with concealor for under my eyes or to precisely apply concealor to blemishes. Sometimes, I like to apply my foundation with my 109 brush, and then bounce this over the skin to completely blend it in.
Typically, I use 1-1.5 pumps of foundation for my entire face when I use a brush like the 187 or 109, but when I use this I find I have to use at least 2 pumps to get the coverage I prefer. Even though the sponge is very damp, it still seems to absorb alot of my foundation. Hence why I apply my foundation with my 109, then use this after to finish blending in the foundation by bouncing it on the skin. Another con is having to wet it before use. With normal disposable wedge sponges, a mist of water or Fix+ is suitable enough to dampen the sponge, but with the blending sponge, I would use a whole bottle of Fix+ attempting to dampen it enough. So I have to go to my makeup room, get my blending sponge, bring it to the bathroom, dampen it, dry it, then go back to my makeup room to apply my makeup.
Overall, I really do adore the finish this sponge gives to my foundation. As I stated, I like to apply my foundation with my 109, then to finish blending, bounce the damp blending sponge over my skin. This way, I still get the great finish/look this sponge gives without wasting a ton of my foundation when I use just the sponge to apply my foundation. The price is great considering it is re-usable. Not only can this be used to apply liquid foundation, but you can also use it to apply cream foundation, concealor, cream blushes, cheek stains, as well as any liquid or cream product like moisturizer, primer, liquid highlighters and so on!
If you're on the hunt for a new tool to apply liquid products or just sick of looking for a brush to give you that airbrushed look, I say go to your local Target store or visit http://www.target.com/ to purchase a Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge!
Til next time!
Monday, July 27, 2009
Finding a moisturizer is a difficult task. Some make your skin too oily, some don't moisturize enough, or certain ones break you out. I had found my Holy Grail moisturizer from LUSH, Imperialis. BUT, it is expensive, and it expires, and shipping from LUSH is a pain in the toosh! Slow and expensive! So I was off on the hunt for a new moisturizer! I have been using this moisturizer for quite a while now (months) Let's see how it has worked out!
$8.49 from http://www.drugstore.com/. I have seen this for sale EVERYWHERE! From walmart, target, to my local grocery store! All for well under $10. Perfect price for the product!
What I love about Clean and Clear's Soft line is the scent! It has a light, super clean scent that I adore! It is noticeable as you apply it to your face, and within a minute, the scent fades. I typically don't care for scented facial products, but this one I don't mind one bit!
This moisturizer is extremely light weight, yet super moisturizing! I have dry skin, but it tends to get oily if I use a heavy moisturizer, so this one fits the bill! What I also love about this is the fact it has SPF 15. Of course it could be higher, but some SPF is better than none. The one thing I didn't like about this moisturizer at first was when I applied it, after a few seconds, it felt like I had a light layer on my skin, caused by the SPF. But now that I use it daily, I don't notice it at all, I just remember noticing it at first.
What is super amazing about this moisturizer is how it really makes my skin SOFT! Like a baby's bottom! In my opinion, moisturizer, whether it be for your face, hands, or body, should make your skin soft, which to me most don't. This moisturizer is different. As I apply it, my skin instantly softens. It makes my skin so soft and supple. Its unbelieveable.
Also, this moisturizer soaks in SUPER fast. Typically, after I wash my face, I instantly apply my eye cream, then this moisturizer. I keep them in my bedroom so I remember to use them right away. Then, I walk right into my makeup room and I'm ready to apply my makeup. That is how quick it absorbs!
Overall, I really adore this moisurizer. Its lightweight, yet super mosturizing, has a great scent, and doesn't break my skin out. And, it doesnt break my wallet either. I love that I can purchase this right from stores I visit regularly, and not have to pay and wait on shipping! If you're on the hunt for a new moisturizer, check this one out, you're sure to love it!
Til next time!
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
After purchasing my first Pretty Pink Box, info here, I recieved a full size eye cream from Prometheus Cosmetics.
Info from Prometheus Cosmetics:
"Wide Awake Anti - Oxidant Eye Cream - This multi tasking eye cream is an instant eye brighter that provides deep hydration to smooth and soften fine lines while reducing dark circles.
Green Tea and caffeine reduce puffiness while cucumber soothes and cools upon contact. Vitamin E and soy repairs skin imperfections and discolorations while adding radiance to the skin. "
$16.00 for 0.5 fl oz. This is a decent size bottle and should last me at LEAST 6 months-1 year. I've had it for about 3 months and don't even think I've put a dent in it. I think the price is perfect for what you get!
I LOVE the packaging. I'm not a fan of tubs (hygienic reasons, yuck!) or tubes, because you have to unscrew the cap and that takes to much time (high maintenance much!). The packaging on this is actually really neat! If you look at the picture, there is a dark pink circle on top. You twist the bottle and that pink circle pops up and locks in place so you can pump it! You need less than a full pump for BOTH eyes!
Compared to MAC's Fast Response Eye Cream, this feels more like a cream as opposed to a gel/silicone like MAC's. On top of that, its super light, yet really hydrating! Like I stated above, I need less than one pump for both eyes. When I smooth it under and all around my eye, my fingers just glides over this product! It prevents almost all tugging even when I "rub" the product in. Im not much of a "tapping" person when it comes to the eye area, it annoys my finger, so I love the fact that this product causes no tugging while I rub the product in with my ring finger.
There is a super light, clean scent from this product. Like a cucumber scent. Very lovely.
All in all, I adore this eye cream, and when I run out, will definitely repurchase this!
If you're on the hunt for a new eye cream, check this one out at www.prometheuscosmetics.com
Til next time!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
I will be back to regular blogging this week!
I still have not decided whether or not to have a blog sale. Although I have a decent collection, not nearly as large as some, I do use almost every item I have at some point, so for me to sit down and try to part with things are difficult, as these items are what started my passion for makeup! I will keep you all updated on that as well if I do decide to have one!
Another reason I have not been blogging is motivation for one. I have barely worn any makeup, let alone done my hair in weeks! But I'm slowly coming out of that rut. As well, being a blogger who reviews many items, my wallet is nearly empty most times. As I have explained before, I am trying to save up to attend beauty school to get my Estethician License. So, if I'm broke, I cannot buy as many products to review.
But don't fret! I still have a household of items to review for you all!
I hope all of you are well, and will continue to be the loyal followers you always have been!
Til next time (soon)!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
(image source www.sephora.com)
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
There are always some products I will buy over and over again. No matter how many times I try something similar I always run back to this one.
Olay Body Quench Body Lotion in Ultra Moisture is my go to lotion, especially in summer. Let me tell you why.
First off, this lotion is the perfect consistency. It's not too thick or thin. There is nothing I hate more than lotion that takes a long time to sink in. But with this, I can apply it and within minutes get dressed and not have that sticky feeling. It moisturizes my skin perfectly. I have very dry skin, but I still don't like heavy lotions for day time. So, if you're someone who hates that lotion-y feel, but need good moisture, check this out.
Second, I LOVE THE SMELL! To me, it smells exactly like Cabbage Patch Dolls. You know what scent I'm talking about. That powder-y, clean, baby smell. I don't even put on perfume or body spray when I wear this, because I love the smell that much. The only turn off is that it is quite strong. So, if you have a sensitive nose, you may not like this. But me, I LOVE it!
Last, there is a bit of shimmer in it. Not disco glitter ball shimmer. It's very fine, and you cannot feel it. Indoors, you don't even notice it, but when you're outside in direct sunlight, you skin will glow like Edward Cullen's. I happen to love it, especially because it makes me feel like I could win Edward over with my beautiful shimmering, diamond like skin!
What I really love is the price. You can purchase this nearly anywhere, from your local drugstore, grocery store, to big chain stores like Walmart and Target, and most likely for under $10, for a huge bottle!
If you're on the hunt for a new body lotion, I definitely recommend you check this one out!
Til next time!
Thursday, July 2, 2009
- Before touching up powder, loose or pressed, always blot your face with a tissue first. If there is no tissue, toilet paper works perfectly as well. This will mop up some oil of your skin so when you apply your powder, you skin doesn't look gunkey or cakey. Using tissue or toilet paper works almost as well as blot papers, and this way you don't have to spend the money on them, or take up space in your purse. Make sure to blot the forehead, around the nose, and chin specifically.
- There are a few things everyone should keep in a makeup bag for (makeup) emergency times. See them listed below, with explanations as to why.
- Some type or powder, either loose or pressed. I prefer pressed. Loose powders can make a mess. I love MAC's Studio Fix powder because it has medium-full coverage, this way even if my skin isn't looking great, I don't need to deal with liquid foundation. Powder also helps cut down shine as opposed to liquid formulas.
- Blush. Blush helps you look more awake and alive! I LOVE CoverGirl's little cheekers in Rose Silk. I have the full size, but the cheekers work perfect since they are much smaller in size. They also come with a tiny brush, it doesn't work great, but you can always blend it with you fingers.
- Mascara. Super important. Mascara adds definition to the eyes very quickly, and makes your eyes look more awake. Go with black. This way you don't need to carry an extra liner to add more definition. You all know I LOVE L'oreal Voluminous Mascara in black.
- Lipgloss. Something that goes well with anything you have on. Look for a peachy pink shade. They flatter any skin tone. I love MAC's Dazzleglass in Smile.
- Tweezers. You never know when you will find a stray hair you need to get rid of! 'Nuff said.
- Bobby pins. You can quickly and easily change your hairstyle with a few bobby pins.
- Hair elastic. At least 2. You never know when one might break!
- Makeup Wipes. Some days, I am just too tired to apply makeup before work. So by afternoon, my skin is not as fresh. So before applying makeup when on the go, wipe the face first with the makeup wipe to refresh the skin. Instead of shelling out the money for individual wipes, just throw a few in a small zip lock bag and keep them in the zipper part of your purse. Makeup wipes can also be used when you get a little sweaty in the summer months to refresh your body. AND with summer comes cute strappy sandals. Which can also mean dirty feet. Use a makeup wipe to wipe off any dirt that gets on your tootsies.
- Carry a light moisturizer that is ok for the skin as well as hands and body. There have been numerous times that I'm at work and realize the skin of my cheeks look dry. A pea size amount of a little moisturizer will do the trick. Use it on the hands and body as well to cut down on products your carrying.
- If you have your fingers painted, carry that bottle of polish as well. No one likes the look of chips. Just paint a little on the spot that chips, and you're good to until you get home to fully repair it.
- Tide To Go. Just buy it. You never know when you will have a spill. These take out almost anything off clothes. Coffee, makeup, food, etc. You get the point.
I know these things sound like alot, but they aren't. I carry a small makeup bag in my medium sized purse with plenty of room to spare. If you break it down, its only 11 products, but small ones at that. Always look for mini sizes of any of these products. I love the travel section of most big box stores. These products will come in super handy whenever you need them!
Til next time!
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
1. Things you cannot leave the house without: Purse, D&G sunglasses, and an empty bladder.
2. Favorite brand of Make Up: Of course I'm going to say MAC.
3. Favorite flower: Tulips without a doubt.
4. Favorite clothing store: Hmm, I shop alot at A&E, Aero, and Pacsun. But I wouldn't say they are my favorite. Lol
5. Favorite perfume: Hollister (can't remember which one) and my Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom body mist. I wear that more often because I'm just about out of my Hollister one.
6. Heels or Flats: I LOVE heels, but I am almost always in flip flops.
7. Do you make good grades: I'm not in school, but I made crappy grades in school because I never did any of my work, but it's not because I'm not smart, I just hated school.
8. Favorite colours: GREEEEEEEN!
9. Do you drink energy drinks: No, I like Red Bull, but I don't drink it. It is way too expensvie.
10. Do you drink juice: On occasion. I LOVEEE orange juice, but I always forget it is in the fridge. But I try to stay away from juice because it has too many calories and sugar.
11. Do you like swimming: LOVE swimming!
12. Do you eat fries with a fork: Um no, they are meant to be eaten with your fingers!!!!
13. Favourite moisturiser: Face? or Body? I like LUSH's Imperialis for my face and Olay body quench for my body!
14. Do you want to get married later on in life: No, I've been waiting for a ring for years! I would like to be married and possibly have one kid by the time I'm 24. Yes, I'm ambitious.
15. Do you get mad easily:I used to get mad so easily and fly off the hook when I was younger. Now at 21 (almost 22 yay) I have learned that flipping out and yelling is stupid and immature. I try to let little things slide, but if it's somethign that really bothers me, I will voice my opinion, LOUDLY. Lol
16. Are you into ghost hunting: Never done it, never will! I'm such a baby and wicked afraid of the dark, so there is no way I would!
17. Any phobias: Do you have a few days to read my list of them? Yeah, I figured you don't so I won't even waste my time listing the millions of them.
18. Do you bite your nails: I have ALWAYS bitten my nails my ENTIRE life. Just recently I have stopped and in the last few weeks, my nails have grown out beautifully!
19. Have you ever had a near death experience:Not that I can recall.
20. Do you drink coffee: At least 3 cups a day! YUMMM!
(Image source: www.drugstore.com)
With summer comes lots of shaving. And let me tell you, I HATE SHAVING. Don't get me wrong, I do shave regularly, but I dread it every time I jump in the shower. After a few minutes, you have to re-direct the shower head so the water doesn't hit your legs, bust out the shave cream, open it, squirt some out, spread it on the legs, close the shave cream, reach for the razor without getting your leg wet, keep your leg propped up, shave, rinse, repeat on every other hairy part of your body. You all know the drill.
So let me tell you how relieved I was when I saw this new(er) Venus Breeze razor stocked on my local Walmart shelves. I have always been a huge fan of Venus, and figured I'd give this particular one a go.
What I love about this razor is the fact that its a razor and shave gel in one. So when its time to shave, you make sure your leg/skin is nice and wet, wet the razor, and get to shaving. And, you don't have to worry about your leg/skin getting wet while shaving it, because the extra water actually helps! No more one legged standing, hoping not to slip and fall, and cutting yourself.
What I don't like is that the strips that are the shave gel don't last super long. If I shave my underarms daily, (which I do), and my legs every other day, the strips dont last much more than I'd say 10 or so uses. Which techinically isn't horrible for a disposable razor. But, you can still use the razor once the shave gel strips wear down as long as the blades are still sharp, you just have to use a shave cream.
The strips do get slightly gooey once in use, but I actually like that. I saw some people review this saying they don't like how they get gooey, but its more of a slick feeling than gooey. Its not thick, but there is a definite slickness from the strips. It rinses right off though.
So, if you're like me and dread the shaving ritual, scoop this baby up and give it a try. You're sure to fall in love like I did!
Have you tried this razor? Tell me about it in the comments!
Til next time!
Monday, June 29, 2009
Orgasm Cosmetics is a newer company from what I can tell. Right now, they carry an array of nail polish colors and finishes. Soon, they will carry different lines for eyes, lips, face, hair, and skin. You can check out their site at www.orgasm.fm.
But more specifically, let's talk about their polishes. For a new company, they have nailed (no pun intended) their formula! I was so thrilled with these. I was surprised to see that I didn't have to load my brush up with as much polish as other brands. They went on buttery smooth. They seem to dry fairly quick on their own, but I always top my polishes with Seche Vite.
The names of these polishes make me almost as happy as the formula! Some are silly and quirky and others are a bit more risque! Some may be put off by some of the names (Dripping Wet), but I find them hilarious and they make me want to choose the polish for my manis just by name!
Here are the swatches of the colors I bought.
Voluptuous is such a beautiful red. I would describe this as more of a rasberry red since it has slight hints of pink to it. Indoors, the polish is a deepened red. Not wine red, but deeper than your typical red. Outside, this baby shines with hints of pink and gold! I will definitely be reaching for this all summer long for my manis and pedis!
Dripping Wet. Vampy purple with slight hints of blue and red shimmer. This color is super hard to capture, and this picture does it NO justice. Indoors, this color still shines with hints of blue. Outside it glows from within with red and blue undertones.
Afternoon Delight. MY FAVORITE of the bunch! I love green. Its my favorite color. I have always said my favorite green is grass green, and not I have that in a nail polish. This polish is SO pigmented, that is only ONE coat! The picture makes it appear more teal, but this baby is super green. Bright, but not neon! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
All of these polishes can be bought at www.orgasm.fm and retail for $6 USD a piece. I will for sure be making more purchases for more polishes as well as from their other lines as soon as they come out! I will keep you all updated on information when I receive it!
Til next time!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Please email me your mailing address and info so I can get your suprise LUSH product out to you!
And THANK YOU EVERYONE who entered! I was super surprised! I will probably have another one of these LUSH giveaways in the near future! Keep an eye out!
Til next time!
Friday, June 19, 2009
Here is my bare eye. There is a little liner still left of my upper lash line. As you can see, my lashes are naturally pretty thick, and they have decent length, but the tips are super blonde.
MAC Zoom Lash. The wand on this is pretty tiny. Not as tiny as some, but tinier than most. There is a rather strong scent to this mascara. It doesnt smell bad, but it is very apparent. I actually like the brush because the tip is the skinniest so it really gets the lashes in my inner corners and is doesnt clump. At one coat, this mascara gives good definition and length, but doesnt thicken much. At 2 coats, it thickens more and gives more drama. What I dont like is that this mascara seems to take a long time to dry/set, and if your eyes tear or get wet at all, the mascara smudges like crazy and never dries again.
Lumene Blueberyy Curl Mascara. This is one of my new favorite mascaras. It can be purchased as CVS drugstores as far as I know. (I won this in a giveaway.) As you can see, it really did curl my lashes. At one coat, this is not one of the darkest mascaras, but at 2 coats, it is much darker. The brush on this is very different. It has those spikey type bristles like Covergirl Lashblast, but the wand is MUCH smaller and shaped different which I prefer. I got no clumping and it seperated and lengthened my lashes nicely. There is a slight scent like most mascaras, but I didnt notice it until I puposely smelled it to see if there was one.
Cover Girl Lashblast. The HG for some. Im on the fence with this. This particular one is waterproof, so the formula is slightly different than the original. I use this mostly because it is waterproof when I need it, but its not my favorite. The wand is really big, and the spikey bristles are very short so it sort of pokes my lash line. It does seem to thicken, but it doesnt add much length.
Loreal Voluminous. This is my HG mascara, this is only one coat, and you can see how full it makes me lashes. It adds tons of length and is super dark. At 2 coats, I have that false lash look that I love. Many times, when I do smokey eyes, my lashes sort of disappear because my shadow is so overpowering, but not when I put this mascara on. I have been using this mascara for 6 years and will continue to use it for years ahead!
Til next time!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
- Vanilla Lavender
- Vanilla Coconut
- Vanilla Grapefruit
- Pure Vanilla
$25 for 8.5 oz. As a body lotion, the price is a bit steep, but if something works really well, for some the price is worth it.
As stated above, I received the vanilla coconut scent which I LOVE! I love anything coconut-y and beachy, and this scent is just that. The vanilla really mixes well and helps soothe the scent to keep it mellow. The scent is not overpowering or strong and lingers nicely on the skin after applied.
This is called a body butter, but its not in a tub like most body butters are. It is between a body butter and lotion in my opinion. I like that it isn't super thick like a body butter, because I can use it on my hands and not feel greasy or slippery like I can't pick up my pen! The vanilla coconut one is an off white color, which I assume the other scents are as well.
Other things you all should know (context source www.spehora.com):
What it is formulated to do:Designed to melt instantly, these rich, buttery creams leave skin delicately scented and incredibly smooth. The 100% pure Shea and cocoa butters are infused with super anti-oxidants Goji Berry and Kakadu Plum, for a healthy dose of 30 essential vitamins and minerals that deeply nourish and hydrate.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:- Parabens- Sulfates- Synthetic Fragrances- Synthetic Dyes- Petro-Chemicals- Phthalates- GMO- Triclosan
Overall, this is a super lovely lotion/body butter for anyone who is looking for a more natural outlet. The scent is lovely, it hydrates my skin and leaves it super soft for hours, and doesnt leave a slick feeling to my skin.
This can be purchased at www.sephora.com.
Til next time!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
The winner will receive a suprise LUSH product!
What to do to enter:
- You MUST be one of my followers. Not a follower? Its easy to become one! Just add me to your following list on your blogger dashboard!
- Make a blog post about my giveaway.
- Leave a comment on this post with a link to your blog post showing my giveaway.
- All entries must be submitted by Friday, June 19th, 2009!
And thats it!
Til next time!
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
I heard about Naked Desserts after watching a youtube review by juicystar07. This review will have separate parts. Today, I will review for you the bubble bars. You all know how much I LOVE LOVE LOVEEE Lush's bubble bars, so it only made sense to buy all the bubble bars from Naked Desserts.
Cotton Candy Bubble Bar:
Excuse the fact that it seems all crushed up. I cut it up into 4 peices for ease of use. I only use 1/4 in each bath. This bubble bar smells UH-MAY-ZING! It doesnt have that fake cotton candy yucky scent, it just smells so good I want to eat it! It has a definite sweetness to it, but again, not fake and sickeningly chemically sweet. More like a fresh dessert. Bubbles were just as great as LUSH's bubble bars and the water had that slippery feel to it as well! This is most definitely my favorite one by Naked Desserts!
Pink Lemonade Bubble Bar:
How cute is this bubble bar? All covered in sprinkles! This smells exactly like it sounds, pink lemonade.
When I first received the package, I immediately grabbed this baby and started to sniff. From memory, this bubble bar DID smell just like The Comforter, so I was thrilled. When I got home, I compared the 2. There is a super similarity, but they arent exactly the same, but seriously, close enough! I can't wait to use this one!
I am IN LOVE with Naked Desserts. All of these bubble bars, as well as more Naked Desserts' lovely bath products can be purchased from www.nakeddessert.com and you will see that NO ITEM IS OVER $6 (USD) How awesome is that!
What I love the most is that everything really is like a dessert. Not in scents, but its like an amazing reward in a hot bath after a long day. With LUSH, alot of the scents are earthy, herbal etc. But not with Naked Desserts!
CHECK THEM OUT!
I really like all of the products I have bought, and will continue to purchase more items. Reviews for everything I bought to come!
Til next time!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Coupon Code is SUMO
With the discount I got:
- Pro Blush Palette
- Prep + Prime Skin
- Blush Pans refills in
Til next time!
Here are some tips:
- MOISTURIZE! I cannot stress this enough. Curly hair is naturally drier. Look not only for moisturizing conditioners, but also moisturizing shampoos. Lately, I have really liked Organix Shea Butter Shampoo and Conditioner. If you feel like your hair is getting build up from the heavy(er) products, use a clarfiying shampoo MIXED with your regualr shampoo. Mix a little in your hand with your regular shampoo before lathering into hair. This will remove some build up, but not be as harsh as using it on its own. Do NOT using a clarifying shampoo more than once a week- 2 weeks.
- DO weekly deep conditioning treatments. I LOVEEEE Ojon's Resorative Hair Treatment. You can read my review on it here.
- On top of weekly deep conditioning treatments, I really like to use a deep conditioner in the shower. I really love BioInfusions Hydrating Hair Balm. You can read my review on it here. I like to use this 2 times a week.
- Only brush your hair IF you have to. With my curls, I have to brush my hair everytime I shower. My hair gets knotty really easily. If you have to brush your hair, ONLY do it when its WET. Brushing it when its dry will make it frizzy and poofy. And undo all your pretty curls.
- Use a hair serum. Hair serums help fight frizz, make hair shinier, and help in the brushing process.I LOVE Chi's Silk Infusion. you can read my review on it here.
- When towel drying hair, DO NOT try and shake the towel over the hair. What I do is wrap my hair after I wring it out. After I get dressed and take my hair out of the towel, if it is still too damp I SCRUNCH the excess water out. Trying to "towel dry" it, will result in frizzy hair.
Styling curly hair is one of the reasons I have embraced my natural curl. Everyone knows how long blow drying and flat ironing takes, just for all that work to be thrown out the window as soon as I wash my hair.
- Look at curling creams with a bit of a hold. Curling creams will not make the hair crunchy. I have only used one styling cream, but it was a long time ago and I don't even remember which one it is. Some people love curling creams, and others dont. I like a little more hold.
- Use mousse! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tresseme's flawless curls mousse. I have been using this mousse for years and it never fails me.
- Mix your hair serum with your mousse. This gives the same hold from the mousse but makes the hair even more touchable and uncrunchy. There is NOTHING worse than crunchy curls.
- Scrunch the poduct in your hair, starting in the back. I used to try and run the mousse throughout my whole head, but just scrunching the product into the hair gives enough product and hold without weighing down the curls.
- Use a diffuser or let hair air dry. If you hate leaving the house with damp hair, make sure you use a diffuser on your hair dryer. Never just use the hair dryer without it, or you will get frizzy curls. When using a dryer and diffuzer, only dry the hair 80% and let the last 20% air dry. This will keep hair from getting frizzy.
- If you want to relax the curl a bit, after applying product section your hair in half at the temples. Clip the top half up and section the bottom half into 2 section, like you are going to make pigtails. Either loosley braid them, or twist and wrap in a loose bun. Do this with the top half as well. Leave in at least 30 minutes or leave them in overnight. This will help relax the curl a bit.
Here is my routine:
- Shampoo and Condition
- Wrap hair in towel
- Take hair out of towel
- Apply Chi Silk Infusion
- Comb hair
- Apply mousse
- And Im out the door. On occasion I will dry/diffuze my hair, but only if Im going out.
Styling my hair take less than 5 minutes. So all you curly haired ladies, EMBRACE YOUR CURL, and make sure to take care of it!
Til next time!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
LUSH keeps me coming back only because of their amazing bubble bars. I love these little guys, and will continue to take luxurious baths for as long as my wallet will allow me!
LUSH describes the scent of this as jasmine and violet. With the 2 mixed together, its hard to detect these scents on their own, but wrapped all in one, they make a super relaxing bath that I could soak in for hours (granted the water doesnt get too cold). In dry bar form, the scent is super strong. I use half of this bubble bar (as it is much smaller than The Comforter) per bath. Once crumbled into the bath, and turned into a bubble bath, the smell if much more faint, but still apparent enough to soothe me after a long day.
What I loved about this bubble bar was that it turned my water purple. But a clear purple, not a milky color. With The Comforter, the white and pink bar turned my bath a milky pink, but Bathos just turned my bath into a water down grape juice color! I love it!
The texture of a bubble bar is like a soft clay. It holds its form, but is pliable. Once broken up, this bubble bar didnt seem as moist as The Comforter which helped in breaking it up enough so I had no clumps in the tub. Bathos gave the water a SUPER slippery feel which was lovely for my skin. But be careful when stepping into your tub as it does make the floor of the tub slippery.
As with all of LUSH's bubble bars, I had a tub FULL of foam-y bubbles that lasted the duration of my soak.
What I really love about the bubble bars is they leave no residue once the tub is drained. After I take a bath, I typically will drain the tub and then run the shower and rinse my body off and that is more than enough to rinse away the tub clean.
If you're not into super sweet scents, check out Bathos. It will give you ton of bubbles, relaxing scent, and softer skin!
Til next time!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
Anyhow, over at Superfical, she did a quick tag/questionnaire, and I figured I'd fill it out as well.
Where are you from?
I was born in Orange County New York, was raised in Florida, and now I reside in the Great Smokey Mountains of Tennessee.
Why did you start blogging?
I have always enjoyed testing and trying out new products. And I love to refer products to friends and family, so I figured I would turn it into a true hobby and make a blog.
What's the main aim of your blog?
Well, when I started my blog, I planned on doing more FOTD's and tutorials, but now, I mostly do reviews which I really enjoy.
What's your favourite beauty blog?
I have a ton, all the blogs I follow as well as makeupandbeautyblog.com and doe deere blogazine.
Do you make YouTube videos?
If yes/no why?
No, because honestly, its more work. I do this blog for fun. Plus, I hate how I sound.
Who's your favourite YouTuber?
Wow, umm here is a short list of who I check regularly, but there are more for sure:
brilliantburnette something or other
xxsgitgress or something like that lol
and seriously a ton moreee!
Have you participated in a make up swap?
No. Im really afraid to, because I have heard horror stories.
If not, will you?
I would definitely if it was a blogger i "knew".
Are you more about skin/hair/make up/nails?
All about the same. I LOVE all of them.
What's your favourite brand?
MAC for sure, but I use all sorts of brands from MAC-coastal scents-drugstore
What's your make up must have?
Foundation. More specifically MAC Studio Fix Fluid.
But I mostly buy face products like blush/bronzers/highlighters/etc
What's your hair must have?
Chi Silk Infusion
Current beauty obsession:
Well more like bath obsession and that would be Naked Desserts. Reviews to come soon.
Are you happy with how you look?
I really hate these questions, but for the most part.
What would you like to see more of in beauty blogs?
Honestly, I like all the beauty blogs I read.
How big is your beauty collection?
Not as big as some, but MUCH bigger than your average jane.
Do you own any MAC pro palettes?
Well, I have enough eyeshadows to put in pro palettes, but I have the palettes from CS.
Have you ever been sent free products (excluding prizes/swaps) and if so where from?
No, but I wish I would.
Which company would you love to receive products from (hint hint!):
Anyone who would be willing to send me products to try.
What's your next planned beauty purchase?
Dont have one honestly.
I dont have a twitter account. I know I know dont stone me!!!
NOW, Ive been wanting to do this for awhile, so, WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ME? Makeup related or not.
Leave a comment on this post asking me whatever you would like, and I will be making a post to answer your questions!
Friday, June 5, 2009
To both of you ladies! AWESOME JOB! It was very difficult to choose just 2. My judges helped me narrow it down to 3 entries, and it was SUPER hard to choose just 2 winners. Judging was based on not only the looks, but also following the rules (thats why i have 'em, right?)
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Final decision will be judged by me and my "panel of judges", BUT I still want to hear from all of you. So, please leave a comment on this post on who you think had the best alter ego looks!. Although final decision will be made by me and my panel of judges, I would like all of your input, because I do this blog for all of you!
(and yes i know the pictures are small and some big, its just the way they were saved in my pictures, but i have full size so i can see them bigger. it would have been wayy to much work resizing every image!)
Here are the entries in no particular order! (Everyday look is first, alter ego is second)
Monday, June 1, 2009
Sephora by OPI in Metro Chic. LOVE LOVE LOVE. completely opaque in 2 coats. Although its more of a fall color, I will totally be rocking this color year round! May be just slightly deeper in real life, but the photo is pretty dead on. (haha and yes, i am covering my horribly sloppy paint job that I rushed to take this pic! lol)
Thats all for right now ladies!
Til next time!