Thursday, June 18, 2009

Review: LAVANILA The Healthy Body Butter

(Image source www.sephora.com)
If you are always on the hunt for a great moisturizer that doesn't leave your skin greasy, than I have a treat for you. Cue in LAVANILA's The Healthy Body Butter. I recieved this from Sephora as one of my deluxe samples, so I have this in the 1oz size. I have this in vanilla coconut, but there are 4 scents to chose from:
  • Vanilla Lavender
  • Vanilla Coconut
  • Vanilla Grapefruit
  • Pure Vanilla

Price:

$25 for 8.5 oz. As a body lotion, the price is a bit steep, but if something works really well, for some the price is worth it.

Scent:

As stated above, I received the vanilla coconut scent which I LOVE! I love anything coconut-y and beachy, and this scent is just that. The vanilla really mixes well and helps soothe the scent to keep it mellow. The scent is not overpowering or strong and lingers nicely on the skin after applied.

Texture/Feel:

This is called a body butter, but its not in a tub like most body butters are. It is between a body butter and lotion in my opinion. I like that it isn't super thick like a body butter, because I can use it on my hands and not feel greasy or slippery like I can't pick up my pen! The vanilla coconut one is an off white color, which I assume the other scents are as well.

Other things you all should know (context source www.spehora.com):

What it is formulated to do:Designed to melt instantly, these rich, buttery creams leave skin delicately scented and incredibly smooth. The 100% pure Shea and cocoa butters are infused with super anti-oxidants Goji Berry and Kakadu Plum, for a healthy dose of 30 essential vitamins and minerals that deeply nourish and hydrate.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:- Parabens- Sulfates- Synthetic Fragrances- Synthetic Dyes- Petro-Chemicals- Phthalates- GMO- Triclosan

Overall, this is a super lovely lotion/body butter for anyone who is looking for a more natural outlet. The scent is lovely, it hydrates my skin and leaves it super soft for hours, and doesnt leave a slick feeling to my skin.

This can be purchased at www.sephora.com.

Til next time!

3 comments:

KRYSTAL said...

tanks for the review!! i looove vanilla scents =]

Edna said...

Thanks for the review. I just got Korres Guava body butter, I guess I have to finish that up first :T

Anonymous said...

Rather nice place you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Best regards
Alice Tudes