- Before touching up powder, loose or pressed, always blot your face with a tissue first. If there is no tissue, toilet paper works perfectly as well. This will mop up some oil of your skin so when you apply your powder, you skin doesn't look gunkey or cakey. Using tissue or toilet paper works almost as well as blot papers, and this way you don't have to spend the money on them, or take up space in your purse. Make sure to blot the forehead, around the nose, and chin specifically.
- There are a few things everyone should keep in a makeup bag for (makeup) emergency times. See them listed below, with explanations as to why.
- Some type or powder, either loose or pressed. I prefer pressed. Loose powders can make a mess. I love MAC's Studio Fix powder because it has medium-full coverage, this way even if my skin isn't looking great, I don't need to deal with liquid foundation. Powder also helps cut down shine as opposed to liquid formulas.
- Blush. Blush helps you look more awake and alive! I LOVE CoverGirl's little cheekers in Rose Silk. I have the full size, but the cheekers work perfect since they are much smaller in size. They also come with a tiny brush, it doesn't work great, but you can always blend it with you fingers.
- Mascara. Super important. Mascara adds definition to the eyes very quickly, and makes your eyes look more awake. Go with black. This way you don't need to carry an extra liner to add more definition. You all know I LOVE L'oreal Voluminous Mascara in black.
- Lipgloss. Something that goes well with anything you have on. Look for a peachy pink shade. They flatter any skin tone. I love MAC's Dazzleglass in Smile.
- Tweezers. You never know when you will find a stray hair you need to get rid of! 'Nuff said.
- Bobby pins. You can quickly and easily change your hairstyle with a few bobby pins.
- Hair elastic. At least 2. You never know when one might break!
- Makeup Wipes. Some days, I am just too tired to apply makeup before work. So by afternoon, my skin is not as fresh. So before applying makeup when on the go, wipe the face first with the makeup wipe to refresh the skin. Instead of shelling out the money for individual wipes, just throw a few in a small zip lock bag and keep them in the zipper part of your purse. Makeup wipes can also be used when you get a little sweaty in the summer months to refresh your body. AND with summer comes cute strappy sandals. Which can also mean dirty feet. Use a makeup wipe to wipe off any dirt that gets on your tootsies.
- Carry a light moisturizer that is ok for the skin as well as hands and body. There have been numerous times that I'm at work and realize the skin of my cheeks look dry. A pea size amount of a little moisturizer will do the trick. Use it on the hands and body as well to cut down on products your carrying.
- If you have your fingers painted, carry that bottle of polish as well. No one likes the look of chips. Just paint a little on the spot that chips, and you're good to until you get home to fully repair it.
- Tide To Go. Just buy it. You never know when you will have a spill. These take out almost anything off clothes. Coffee, makeup, food, etc. You get the point.
I know these things sound like alot, but they aren't. I carry a small makeup bag in my medium sized purse with plenty of room to spare. If you break it down, its only 11 products, but small ones at that. Always look for mini sizes of any of these products. I love the travel section of most big box stores. These products will come in super handy whenever you need them!
Til next time!