Friday, December 12, 2008

Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa Cuticle Treatment

HOLY MOLY long title.

Photo credit: www.bathandbodyworks.com

For the last 4 days, i have been using the Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa Cuticle Treatment with 59% Shea Butter.
Originally, i was going to purchase the Burt's Bees cuticle balm stuff (can't remeber exact name) but remembered i had this in my nail stash already, and instead od spending more money, figured i would use this first.
Now, again, i have only been using it 4 days, but this is how i feel about the product so far.
Directions: To maintain your mani massage a small amount into cuticles daily.
Well i use this product quite a few times a day. Right now, my cuticles are in HORRIBLE condition due to the cold weather, so my cuticles are splitting etc. OUCH! So everytime i wash my hands, i apply the cuticle treatment, then hand lotion.
I just run my finger over the balm (that is the texture it is to me) just like i would if i were to apply a lip balm, and rub it over my nail beds and cuticles. I can usually doa few fingers before re-"dipping".
Pros:
-Tub is a good size.
-Only need a TINY amount. So it will last a long time. And i mean a LONG time.
-Tosses fine into my purse.
-Smell is almost like eucolyptus(spelling, ouch), but is very faint. Fades quickly.
Cons:
-Slightly greasy.
-I have to wipe my finger off on a paper towel to get rid of the feeling, which is a bit of a hassle when im applying it so frequently throughout the day at work.
-price. ok 9 dollars isnt ALOT, but for people on a budget, i could find something cheaper
-isnt making a huge difference.
-doesnt sink into the skin very fast. sort of sits on top.
OVERALL:
Its an OK product. It does seem to moisturize a bit, but the greasy feeling is a bit of an annoyance. I am going to continue to use it for about 2 more weeks, but i may go ahead and try the Burt's Bees one since it is getting great reviews.
Until next time!!!!

1 comment:

Luella said...

Thanks for the great information about this Bath and Body Works product! It is really useful....